Friday, September 27, 2019

A Trip to the Outback

After a long, busy week, it was hardly on my radar that I needed to taste another lager. This can sometimes be the only little project I enjoy all week and this week was no exception. With all the stress that comes with being a fourth year college student, it is nice to have something to look forward to each week.

It is really a cool thing to be able to give something back to the world through the internet. I have gained a lot through online resources: knowledge, resources, conveniences, and even relationships. I am currently planning a trip to Ireland, where I'll head during my fall break, and websites like trip advisor and yelp have become very useful when deciding where to go and what to do. If it weren't for other people putting their own information back into these websites, I wouldn't have this type of insight.

If I think about it, I'm really doing a similar thing to these citizen journalists who are rating and reviewing their experiences. By giving my opinion and experience of each of these beverages, someone may or may not choose to purchase them.

This week I decided to try something I had only ever had once before. This summer, I went with my mom and her boyfriend to our local Outback for some steak and drinks before I returned to school. I decided to go through with the full experience and ordered a pint of Fosters. This week, I ran across Fosters and decided to give it a try again. I didn't remember it being anything special, but decided it deserved a second chance.

Foster's Lager as shown on fostersbeer.com


I will admit that when I sat down to drink it yesterday, it was a little warmer than it would generally be if you wanted an authentic experience. Fosters' lager has a light golden color and was less refreshing than I remembered it being, which may be attributed to the fact that it wasn't at optimum temperature or that I poured it out of a pint sized can instead of it coming out of the tap.

The carbonation was nice. Although many people who have reviewed Foster's (with much more expertise than I have) claim to taste a slight hoppiness to the flavor, I did not experience that as much. The taste definitely went downhill as it went from a slight chill to room temperature.

Overall, my experience was decent. It definitely would not be my first choice but I am also not opposed to it. It was an easy lager to drink that I will definitely enjoy much more when it's a bit colder. You will probably catch me drinking Foster's and eating steak at the Outback again.

No comments:

Post a Comment