Friday, September 20, 2019

Memory Lane

This week, I was thinking about what lager I should purchase, but once again, I ultimately ended up at the liquor store looking in the beer section trying to decide what sounded good that I don't have too frequently. 

In the future with this blog, I hope to plan out what I am going to be tasting a little better. Part of my problem is that I don't know exactly what is available at the liquor store until I get there, look around, and can't quite find exactly what I'm looking for and settle on something else, which is usually just as enjoyable to me. I will have to take that into consideration in the future and plan things a bit better.

When I first turned eighteen, a month later I took my first trip abroad when me and my family flew to Europe to see London, Paris, and Rome. First arriving into London, me and my family stopped into a pub. 

The first thing I said was "Hey Dad, which beer should I get?"

Remembering that the drinking age in the UK is 18, he looked through the list and picked something out that he thought I'd like. I ended up having my first legal drink in England which was "Stella Artois," from Belgium.

Me in London, England, 2016 with my first legal drink

Stella remains one of my favorite beers to order, especially and bars and restaurants where I can get it on Draught. I love the smooth flavor going down and the ease that I can drink it. Even though I notice that there is a slight aftertaste, it doesn't take away from the experience at all, it just makes me want to order another.

Although you can taste a very slight hoppiness, it is not at all overwhelming and only adds to the experience. Something interesting I noticed is that out of the bottle I seem to get a different experience than when I order it on draught, alike with some other beers.

Overall, I would probably stick to ordering this when I'm out, but it was still a good experience and I'm excited for my next Stella experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment