Friday, October 25, 2019

Back to the Mainland

After such an exciting week spent in the Motherland of my ancestors, it was time to get away from the Irish beers and settle into something else. I didn't venture too far. My brain went back to mainland Europe to Holland where there is a very well known lager that almost all of us have had at one time or another.

When I was in Ireland, I noticed that the people who were my age often didn't stick to Irish beer. So many of them reached for a Heineken when they got the chance which surprised me. One I returned to the United States, I figured that I would do the same.

A Bottle of Heineken


The first thing I notice when I open the bottle is that the scent isn't the most appealing, in my opinion at least. I'm not sure if it has to do with the greenness of the bottle or the way the beer is made but Heineken tends to have a much "skunkier" scent as compared to other beers. I never let the scent stop me, however, and I unhesitantly gave it a few sips.

Heineken is crisp and easy to drink. I have to admit that at the very least. After having Heineken for the first time in a while, I was a bit under impressed. I was surprised that while I was in Ireland, so many people gravitated towards Heineken instead of some of the delicious Irish lagers. With that said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It wouldn't be popular if no one preferred it.

There is a light bitterness to the lager that I do enjoy. This definitely isn't the last time I will have a Heineken. It probably won't be something I pick up unless the options are limited, but I did enjoy it going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment