Monday, November 11, 2019

The Taste of Home

Since my return to the United States, I'll be honest and say that I haven't been having very much beer. When I was overseas, I spent a lot more time going place to place and trying different beers, some I wasn't even very familiar with. Now that I am back at school, more of my time has been spent doing different assignments and school related activities so I haven't had many opportunities to go out.

This weekend I decided to go to the local liquor store and pick out what the cheapest lager was for the benefit of my bank account. Fortunately for me, it is something that I enjoy fairly often. A good ol' American Budweiser.

A bottle of Budweiser


Normally when I go into bars with friends or family, they only offer Bud Light on draught which is not something I am a fan of. Budweiser, however, I frequently enjoy when I go home because I can find it at all the grocery stores near my house. It's nice to drink when I play pool or binge watch tv shows with my friends and family. It's easy to drink and for me, never disappoints.

Although Budweiser doesn't get the greatest ratings in the world, to me it is crisp, easy to drink, and easy to find. Although I do enjoy this lager, I don't necessarily think there is anything particularly special about it. I pick it up when I want and easy beer to drink for the night without any particular craving on my tongue.

I understand the popularity of Budweiser among my age bracket and I really enjoyed having some this weekend as things were winding down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment