Friday, August 30, 2019

The World of Beer

After being told that I needed to make a blog, I struggled for a while to decide what exactly it should be about. I considered many different potential options. I could've made my blog into a bucket list, or write about all the amazing places that I've been and seen, but the problem was that all these things were behind me, or far in front of me. Wanting to focus on something I could do now, I thought about the things that interest me, or something I enjoy doing on an at least somewhat regular basis, then it struck me. Beer.

Now, before someone accuses me of only choosing this topic to have an excuse to drink more beer, I will say that I have been interested in the beer making process and the wide variety for a long time. When I was sixteen, my dad invested in all the necessary means to make beer at home. He had huge pots, and bags of grain. He was very meticulous about keeping everything sterile so nothing would become contaminated. I loved seeing how much went into the process of the creation of the end product: Beer.

Now that I have finally become a member of club 21, I can finally enjoy beer away from home (which is legal in the state of Texas when your parents serve it to you.) Since there are so many types of beer, there is a large number of them that I enjoy, and others that I do not appreciate as much. Some I would even say I find gross, but each beer has at least one person that can appreciate it, or it would have never been made (or at least would have been disposed of soon after the creation.) For this reason, I did not want to talk about any beers which I did not have the ability to appreciate, so I decided that with this blog, I would limit what I talk about and taste to lagers, a type of beer which seldom disappoints me.

Each week, my goal is to try a new lager, or at least one I haven't had in a while that I want to taste again. This may include, pale lagers such as Pilsners and Bock, and dark lagers such as Dunkels and Schwartzbier.

Overall, what I want to do is learn more about lagers, and enjoy myself while doing so, and I'm glad you're here for the journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment